I just had the most unforgettable night. Someone, X, was super drunk and 5 guys had to carry him home. We were laughing and joking on the way. When we finally managed to bring him home, we placed him on the floor. We were resting after a long and tiring journey back home. Suddenly the wife of this drunk man told me "X has no breathing!!!" I looked at X and his face was insanely pale. His eyes were slightly open and they looked as though they have dilated. I touched him, there was no breathing and he felt really cold. I was shocked. We called for the ambulance. I watched his wife press his chest and as she was feeling his breathing, I continued and kept pressing the chest. I couldn't really remember my cpr course but I just tried pressing his chest. We heard him breathe a little deep and I felt really relieved. The next 25 mins waiting for the ambulance was spent worrying for him. I cried as I looked at him, his face is no longer so pale but it's still really pale. His pulse is low and I was really really worried for him. I've never felt so scared before. The last time I watched my granny pass away, we had expected that she could be dying because her body was very weak. But this time is different, we went drinking, people get drunk like every other days. Never would we expect anyone to be near death just by drinking. Anyways we sent him to the hospital and the doctor said that he should be fine.
Lessons/reminders I've learnt from tonight
1. Please check a dead drunk person's occasionally for his breathing and facial colour.
2. Please put a pillow underneath the neck of someone who's dead drunk because he/she might choke on his puke.
3. Cherish people around you because life is really vulnerable.
4. Binge drinking is not cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment