in wedding gown
Friday, October 09, 2015
Long & Memorable Night
Went to loyang tua pek gong to pray in the middle of the night ytd because hubby's flight was the next afternoon and we didn't have time to pray in the day. Headed to eat Changi nasi lemak after that. On the way back, hubby spotted an auntie carrying many things and walking by the highway against the traffic. We went past her. There was three people in the car but only my hubby saw her. We were worried about the auntie and went back looking for her. Then my hubby was saying she's wearing a red shirt. We were quite scared but continued searching for her because we were more worried than scared. After a while, we found the auntie! She's a super old granny!!! My eyes turned teary the instant I saw her. She looked so frail and drained out. Oh anyways, She was wearing those normal old lady shirt. Chao hubby scared us. So anyways back to the granny... We asked her where she was going. She told us appromixately where she lives. After which, we told her that we were going to send her home. The moment she heard this, her eyes lit up! She replied in hokkien, "thank you so much, really thank you so much, I am 88 years old this year. I walked from 3pm until the sun set... I bought food from the market until I don't have a single money left. I don't have money to take cab home. I kept walking and walking......" I really felt like crying upon hearing that. It was about 4am.... And a 88 year old ah ma had been walking for more than 12 hours? I asked her why didn't she get help from people or get money from them? She said nobody helped her.. Nobody gave her money.. I was heartbroken.. She had walked so far from near hua chong to Stevens highway. She must have walked past many cars. Nobody stopped to help such an old lady especially one who was walking against the traffic of pie. Many cars have zoomed past her like us. But nobody cared... It was so dangerous to walk on the highway especially at night. If we didn't visit the temple in the middle of the night... if we had time to pray in the afternoon... if we didn't eat Changi nasi lemak.... she would still be walking.... Anyways, we bought her drinks and food and sent her home. Was so affected by this incident that I kept thinking about this when I reached home. But I believed everything happened for a reason and I thank God for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment